This document will guide you on how to set up the Server – Client systems
1. Open the MySQL command prompt on the Server computer
2. Login using password as password
3. Tye use SALECULATOR; (Press Enter)
4. Type below 2 commands and execute each of them individually
CREATE USER 'saleculatordb'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'Sale#1234#db'; GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON SALECULATOR.* TO 'saleculatordb'@'%' WITH GRANT OPTION;
5. Type exit and press Enter
6. Now, this will create a user name and password for your client system.
The created user name is saleculatordb and password is Sale#1234#db
7. Use this created client user name and password under the Database tab in the Configuration window of the client system, also note down the system IP address of the Server computer (In this example it is 192.168.1.99) replace the name “localhost” with the server computer IP address (Refer to the image below)
8. Save and restart the client system, this will establish the Server – Client communication.