By default Saleculator use Apache Derby to store data. With Derby, Saleculator can only accept a single connection from the same device. If you want to run multiple instances of Saleculator or to accept connections from other devices connected to the network, use MySQL. For performance, backup and recovery and heavy transactions, it is always recommented to use MySQL for storing data.
- Click on this link https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/file/?id=500616 to download mySQL and click on “No thanks, just start my download” to initiate the download.
- Once downloaded click on the bottom left download indicator to run the file and click yes whenever it asks for permission.
- On the MySQL installer window choose the “Server only” option and click next. Under Check Requirements click the radio button to choose MySQL server and click execute.
- A small license and agreement window will pop-up, click on I agree and Install. Close once done. Click next on the Check Requirements screen. Click execute on the Installation screen. Click next on the Product Configuration screen.
- On the Type and Networking screen click on the dropdown box and choose Server Computer and click next.
- In the Accounts and Roles screen type the same password of your choice in both the fields and click next. Again click next in the “Windows service” screen without making any changes.
- Once the Apply Configuration screen is reached, click on execute and wait until all the processes are completed. Click finish once done.
- On the product configuration screen click next and click finish.
- Search for mySQL command line on the windows menu bar and click open the command screen. Type the password that you have created and hit enter. Now type “show databases;” and hit enter. Type “create database test;” and hit enter. Again type “show databases;” and hit enter. Finally type exit and hit enter.