For Windows users, there are 3 steps involved in the installation process. Please make sure not to skip any of these steps for successful installation of Saleculator.
- Click on this link https://java.com/en/download/ to download Java.
- On the Java website click on the red button that reads “Agree and start free download”.
- Once downloaded click on the bottom left download indicator to run the file and click “Install” on the Java setup window. You will get a notification window once installed successfully. Close this window once done.
- Now open the command prompt from your computer by typing “cmd” in the bottom left search field, or by pressing the Windows key and “R” which will open the “run” option and type “cmd” in the given field and press enter.
- In the command prompt window type “java” and enter. You will see a list being generated. Once again type “java -version” and hit enter. This will show you the version of java that is running on your system.
- Click on this link https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/file/?id=500616 to download mySQL and click on “No thanks, just start my download” to initiate the download.
- Once downloaded click on the bottom left download indicator to run the file and click yes whenever it asks for permission.
- On the MySQL installer window choose the “Server only” option and click next. Under Check Requirements click the radio button to choose MySQL server and click execute.
- A small license and agreement window will pop-up, click on I agree and Install. Close once done. Click next on the Check Requirements screen. Click execute on the Installation screen. Click next on the Product Configuration screen.
- On the Type and Networking screen click on the dropdown box and choose Server Computer and click next.
- In the Accounts and Roles screen type the same password of your choice in both the fields and click next. Again click next in the “Windows service” screen without making any changes.
- Once the Apply Configuration screen is reached, click on execute and wait until all the processes are completed. Click finish once done.
- On the product configuration screen click next and click finish.
- Search for mySQL command line on the windows menu bar and click open the command screen. Type the password that you have created and hit enter. Now type “show databases;” and hit enter. Type “create database test;” and hit enter. Again type “show databases;” and hit enter. Finally type exit and hit enter.
Download, install and setup Saleculator:
- Go to www.saleculator.com and click Download now. Open the Zip folder once it is downloaded. Copy all files and folders from the zip folder and move it to C: drive under the new folder “Saleculator”.
- Right click on saleculator.jar file and create a desktop shortcut.
- Go to desktop, right click on saleculator.jar icon and click properties. Under the shortcut tab click change icon click Browse and go to the saleculator folder under the C: drive. Click open the saleculator logo with the letter S and click ok again ok and close.
- Now open the Saleculator app from the desktop. You can click on the buy now button to purchase the complete product, or click on “Free trial” button for 30 days free trial.
- Once you click the free trial button. It will lead you to a request trial screen where you have to fill in your details and click submit.
- You will receive the product serial key on your registered email. Copy paste the serial key and click Activate. Click on yes whenever you get popup messages.
- Default login is 1111 for admin, 2222 for manager and 3333 for cashier.
Congratulations you have successfully installed Saleculator!
How to setup printer for Saleculator POS
Setting Up Network thermal printer: Windows users need to install the driver software for the specific printer model. You can look for your printer model on the backside or bottom of the printer. You may have to unzip the downloaded driver file if it is a zip file format. Once the driver is installed. Follow the mentioned steps below:
Connecting a network thermal printer with Saleculator for KOT or receipt printing:
- Note down printer IP address by taking a test print. Hold the printer feed button and switch on the printer to take a test print.
2. Connect printer to a windows system using a patch cord.
3. Change system IP address range to printer IP address range. If the printer IP address is 192.168.123.100, then change the system IP address to 192.168.123.101 and the system gateway to 192.168.123.1.
4. From the system, load any web browser and enter the printer IP address in the URL. This will load printer settings in the browser.
5. Now change the printer IP address to 192.168.1.100, and gateway to 192.168.1.1
6. Save the settings and restart printer.
7. Take a test print again and confirm whether printer IP has been changed.
8. Connect printer to Saleculator and in Saleculator printer configuration use network instead of file and printer IP, 192.168.1.100, instead of port.
9. Save configuration and restart Saleculator.
Now just try to print a receipt for a few of the products from your saleculator. A successful printout of the receipt indicates you have set up the network thermal printer correctly.
Setting Up HP or Samsung Laser/Deskjet Printers for printing reports: For Windows users make sure you have installed the appropriate driver for your printer model and have set it as default printer on your computer and follow the below steps:
Main menu > Configuration > Peripherals tab > from the “Reports printer” drop down choose the correct printer driver/printer name > Save > Restart saleculator.
Now just try to print a report for some of the product sales from your saleculator. A successful printout of the report indicates you have set up the A4 laser printer correctly.
Setting up USB Thermal printer: When trying to connect using USB cable you can plug in one side of the cable on the printer side and the other side on the system USB port and then follow the below steps:
Main menu > Configuration > Peripherals tab > from the “Printer” drop down list choose epson or appropriate printer brand > from the “Mode” dropdown choose “file” > from the “Port” dropdown choose the last option which says “/dev/usb/lp0” > Save > Restart Saleculator.
Now just try to print a receipt for a few of the products from your Saleculator. A successful printout of the receipt indicates you have set up the USB thermal printer correctly.
Changing Receipt format: Follow these steps to change/update the details on your receipt
1. Login as the Administrator (Default PIN: 1111)
2. Go to Menu>Maintenance>Resources
3. From the left hand side list, select “Printer.Ticket”
4. Change Business Name, Address Line and Phone with your desired text
Note: Do not touch the XML tags.
5. Press the Save button on toolbar.
Once all the above points are completed try to take a printout of the receipt to cross check your business name and address are updated on the header.
Note: Be extremely careful when changing the resources. If there is any error in resources, the system will not work correctly.