For Windows users, there are 3 steps involved in the installation process. Please make sure not to skip any of these steps for successful installation of Saleculator.
- Click on this link https://java.com/en/download/ to download Java.
- On the Java website click on the red button that reads “Agree and start free download”.
- Once downloaded click on the bottom left download indicator to run the file and click “Install” on the Java setup window. You will get a notification window once installed successfully. Close this window once done.
- Now open the command prompt from your computer by typing “cmd” in the bottom left search field, or by pressing the Windows key and “R” which will open the “run” option and type “cmd” in the given field and press enter.
- In the command prompt window type “java” and enter. You will see a list being generated. Once again type “java -version” and hit enter. This will show you the version of java that is running on your system.
- Click on this link https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/file/?id=500616 to download mySQL and click on “No thanks, just start my download” to initiate the download.
- Once downloaded click on the bottom left download indicator to run the file and click yes whenever it asks for permission.
- On the MySQL installer window choose the “Server only” option and click next. Under Check Requirements click the radio button to choose MySQL server and click execute.
- A small license and agreement window will pop-up, click on I agree and Install. Close once done. Click next on the Check Requirements screen. Click execute on the Installation screen. Click next on the Product Configuration screen.
- On the Type and Networking screen click on the dropdown box and choose Server Computer and click next.
- In the Accounts and Roles screen type the same password of your choice in both the fields and click next. Again click next in the “Windows service” screen without making any changes.
- Once the Apply Configuration screen is reached, click on execute and wait until all the processes are completed. Click finish once done.
- On the product configuration screen click next and click finish.
- Search for mySQL command line on the windows menu bar and click open the command screen. Type the password that you have created and hit enter. Now type “show databases;” and hit enter. Type “create database test;” and hit enter. Again type “show databases;” and hit enter. Finally type exit and hit enter.
Download, install and setup Saleculator:
- Go to www.saleculator.com and click Download now. Open the Zip folder once it is downloaded. Copy all files and folders from the zip folder and move it to C: drive under the new folder “Saleculator”.
- Right click on saleculator.jar file and create a desktop shortcut.
- Go to desktop, right click on saleculator.jar icon and click properties. Under the shortcut tab click change icon click Browse and go to the saleculator folder under the C: drive. Click open the saleculator logo with the letter S and click ok again ok and close.
- Now open the Saleculator app from the desktop. You can click on the buy now button to purchase the complete product, or click on “Free trial” button for 30 days free trial.
- Once you click the free trial button. It will lead you to a request trial screen where you have to fill in your details and click submit.
- You will receive the product serial key on your registered email. Copy paste the serial key and click Activate. Click on yes whenever you get popup messages.
- Default login is 1111 for admin, 2222 for manager and 3333 for cashier.
Congratulations you have successfully installed Saleculator!
For installation of Saleculator on Linux please refer here.